Margaret and Arthur Pointer moved to The Gap from Upper Kedron where they had lived on the Lade’s property and farmed in partnership as “Lade and Pointer Fruit Growers”, circa 1910. They rented land in Kays Rd, (then known to locals as Peachey Lane).
In March 1913 the Pointers purchased twenty two and a half acres from original grantee James Beeston and began farming their land. They bought an adjoining block with Payne Rd frontage from Matthew Peake in February 1916 and built their home. The Pointers farmed their land for over fifty years producing various fruits and vegetables, flowers and eggs. Their predominant crop was pineapples.
After Arthur died in 1965 and Cecil in 1967, the farm portion was sold to Dr Arthur Crawford as an investment and the house block to the Thompsons.