“Ambassadore” Dance Hall, Owner ~ Bert Hyde, prior to projection room addition and conversion to Theatre. Note: Tennis courts on left fronting Royal Parade and overhead lighting for night use. 3 children on right playing beside creek.
St John’s Wood Ambassadore Dance Hall
Berry Farm – Walton Bridge Estate
Looking down on the “Berry Farm” from the hill behind fish creek, circa 1944. Opposite waterworks road is the site of The Gap Village shopping centre. The spot marked xx is the original Paten property. “Berry Farm – Walton Bridge Estate” was the first residential estate in The Gap, opening 14th Jan, 1956.Details