Looking down on the “Berry Farm” from the hill behind fish creek, circa 1944. Opposite waterworks road is the site of The Gap Village shopping centre. The spot marked xx is the original Paten property. “Berry Farm – Walton Bridge Estate” was the first residential estate in The Gap, opening 14th Jan, 1956.
Berry Farm – Walton Bridge Estate
Earle Family House Site
Bau Earle holding their first child on the future site for Edwin and Bau Earle’s home “Fairearth” on Payne Road at the corner of what is now known as Whitehead Road ( 2001). Mt Cootha is visible in the background. Her husband Edwin built their home on this site and sold out in 2000.Details