This photograph of an unsealed and dusty Payne Road was taken around 1949 and looks west to the Earle homesite, “Fairearth” which in 2001 is located at the corner of Whitehead Road. The large fig tree seen in the upper left of the photo was located opposite what is now known as Blucher Avenue.
Collection: Best Family Date: c. 1949 Contributor: Bau and Edwin Earle
Payne Road 1930s
View from Payne Road in the late 1930s near the Campbell residence and looking outbound. The Best homestead and farm buildings can be seen at the crest of the hill on the right hand side of the road. Paten Road is visible running off to the left.
Courtesy: Bill and Grace BestDetails