Bau Earle holding their first child on the future site for Edwin and Bau Earle’s home “Fairearth” on Payne Road at the corner of what is now known as Whitehead Road ( 2001). Mt Cootha is visible in the background. Her husband Edwin built their home on this site and sold out in 2000.
Earle Family House Site
The Gap Junior Tennis Club
The Gap Junior Tennis Club members, pictured in 1945, on Granny Bennett’s court, opposite Easton’s Store, corner Payne and Waterworks Roads, The Gap.
Back row – (left to right) Doug Easton, Kath Martin, Laurie and Margaret Anderson, Richard Speechley
Front row – John Martin, Janice Eacott and John AndersonDetails