Taken in 1926 this photo shows Wilfrid Heyes with his two daughters Betty on his right and Joan on his left. A short time later, he built the family home in front – still in existence at 632 Waterworks Road, Ashgrove. Situated on left hand side outbound just before Acton Street.
Wilfrid Heyes with daughters
Berry Farm – Walton Bridge Estate
Looking down on the “Berry Farm” from the hill behind fish creek, circa 1944. Opposite waterworks road is the site of The Gap Village shopping centre. The spot marked xx is the original Paten property. “Berry Farm – Walton Bridge Estate” was the first residential estate in The Gap, opening 14th Jan, 1956.Details