A lady on horseback and other locals outside The Gap Community Hall, Waterworks Road, on the outbound side at the corner of Settlement Road, (this site is the start of Illoura Street in 2001). Mrs Cameron’s old house is visible in the background circa mid 1930s.
The Gap Community Hall 1930s
Berry Farm – Walton Bridge Estate
Looking down on the “Berry Farm” from the hill behind fish creek, circa 1944. Opposite waterworks road is the site of The Gap Village shopping centre. The spot marked xx is the original Paten property. “Berry Farm – Walton Bridge Estate” was the first residential estate in The Gap, opening 14th Jan, 1956.